Monday, June 24, 2019

What People Think You Eat On A Vegan Diet vs. What You Actually Eat

A lot of people think when you go vegan, that your diet will be very restrictive. But it's 2019, and more vegan options than ever.

When people ask me what I eat, they usually assume it's this:



Here is what I actually eat:



















and this.....






As you can see, veganism is anything but restrictive. Yes, you can eat lots of veggies and salads, but you can also eat donuts, pancakes, cakes, and so much more. Many grocery stores and restaurants are now carrying vegan options (that isn't just salad or french fries) and they are just as yummy as the real thing!

In my over four years of being vegan, I have never felt restricted or upset because I couldn't eat something. I am also very lucky that I live in New York where there are so many vegan restaurants where I can eat wherever I want, and not have to worry about any animal products.

I eat all my favorite foods that I ate before I went vegan, and so much more. Many people worry that you won't be able to find something that tastes similar, but there are so many options. For meat eaters, there have been two amazing plant-based burgers that have come out in our time that taste and look like the real thing.



The Beyond Burger is made out of all plants, contains the same amount of protein, and tastes just like a real burger. You can find these at Whole Foods.

Another burger, that is now being served at many fast food places like Burger King, is called the Impossible Burger.



Both of these burgers are great choices for meat eaters who want to try to eat more compassionately. Almost everyone loves them, even non- vegans!

What's your favorite vegan food? Mine is definitely vegan pancakes from a restaurant called Champs Diner in Brooklyn.

Comment below your favorite vegan thing you're eating right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment