Monday, July 15, 2019

Are Humans Carnivores or Herbivores? part 2.

In a previous post, (https://alixbehar.blogspot.com/2019/07/are-humans-carnivores-or-herbivores.html) I discussed how I changed part of a  Wikipedia post due to misleading information. The previous information said that humans are natural-born omnivores, but after doing my own research, and finding the science to back up that we are actually herbivores, I put the correct information in there. Unfortunately, somebody changed what I put in to what it was before,
"Humans are omnivorous, capable of consuming diverse plant and animal foods. Fossil evidence from wear patterns on teeth indicates the possibility that early hominids like robust australopitthecines and Homo habilis were opportunistic omnivores, generally subsisting on plant based diet but supplementing with meat when possible"

I still think this information is not correct, especially since it says that humans are capable of eating meat, which doesn't mean that it is not natural. I also would like to highlight the fact that it says that early humans were herbivores, only eating meat when it was available, meaning that we could survive fine on a plant-based diet.


No comments:

Post a Comment